By joining the Energy Efficiency in Municipalities Project Zhytomyr consortium aims at establishment of sustainable energy policy in all participating cities as well as at implementation of practical energy efficiency projects.
Main fields of action in the Project are:
- Implementation of energy consumption monitoring;
- Development of Sustainable Energy Action Plans;
- Attracting additional funds to the city budget for implementation of energy efficiency projects.
What was achieved so far:
- Energy consumption monitoring system for public buildings was introduced in Zhytomyr and serves as a tool to control energy consumption and budget expenditure in establishments and institutions. Besides, the SEAP of the city is ready for submission to the session of the City Council.
- A project proposal and a business plan for a loan from NEFCO for an energy efficient street lighting project was prepared in Berdychiv.