The Dnipropetrovsk consortium is led by the Oblast Council which also acts as regional coordinator of the Covenant of Mayors. In 2010 the Oblast Council adopted the energy efficiency programme for the region for 2010-2015 and aims at establishment of the energy management system at the regional level.
Other priorities of the Dnipropetrovsk Oblast Council in the energy sector are:
- modernization of district heating networks and boiler stations alongside transition to heating with solid fuels;
- reduction of energy consumption in public buildings;
- involving residents into solving the energy efficiency challenge through
- provision of grants for energy efficiency projects for condominiums and
- implementation of an awareness raising campaign.
In the framework of the Energy Efficiency in Municipalities Project the following results have been achieved so far:
- energy monitoring system for 230 public buildings installed;
- design and budget documentation for refurbishment of a residential building developed;
- the interregional energy forum “On the Way To Energy Security” conducted in October 2014 within the dialogue platform combined with an awareness raising campaign for residents.